We are delighted to announce that you can now save searches run in FASTsearch to a Google account. This functionality will work with your Fielding student email, or with any other Google account. Learn a few easy steps to take advantage of this new feature below.
How to permanently save a search in FASTsearch
- Run a search in FASTsearch and apply any filters you wish to use.
- When you are ready to save the search (including applied filters) click on the small star symbol inside the search box at the top of the screen:
- A pop-up window will appear giving you two options: A) sign in to Google to permanently save your search or B) press save to temporarily save the search. We highly recommend permanently saving, otherwise you will lose the search at the end of your session.
- After selecting ‘Sign in with Google’ a new window will appear. From here you can choose a Google account if you’re already signed in, or you can sign into an account of your choosing.
- After you sign in, you’ll be taken back to the original pop-up window. Now you can press ‘save’ to permanently save the search.
- After you’ve saved your search you’ll return to the results page. Now that you’ve signed in you can either:
- Run new searches and use the small star symbol to save those
- Click on the large star symbol to the right of the search box to view previously saved searches.
- Use the ‘sign out of Google’ link along the top of page to un-link your Google account.
There you have it. Whenever you want to access and view your saved searches, you need to do so directly in FASTsearch. Just connect to the results page and click on one of the star symbols to log into your account.
When viewing saved searches, you can click on the search terms to run the search again in FASTsearch. You can also rename the search if you want to use a designation other than the search terms themselves:
We hope you will enjoy this new feature! Remember you can always contact the library with questions or comments.